I’m loving the fact that learning how to cook without recipes has made it so easy to make quick, healthy and delicious meals! I had a big bag of sweet potatoes to use up last week; this is one of the dishes I came up with.
Sweet Potato Pileup
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, cut into coins
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups raw spinach
- peanut sauce: 1/2 c peanut butter, 1/4 c chickpea miso, 1/2-3/4 c water, 2 cloves garlic, 1 thumb ginger, sri racha to taste
1) Toss sweet potato “coins” in a little salt, pepper, curry powder and olive oil, and roast at 375 F until soft (this took about 35 minutes)
2) In the meantime dry roast and steep quinoa (steeping ratio is 1 c quinoa: 1 3/4 c water)
3) Warm some cooked/canned black beans (I warmed about 1 cup, and I added about 1 …tbsp water and 1 tbsp Braggs liquid aminos, stirred them up and let them heat up in that liquid)
4) Put ingredients for peanut sauce in the blender and blend until smooth; transfer to a pot on the stove and heat slowly til thickened
5) Pile everything together in the following order: raw spinach, quinoa, peanut sauce, sweet potatoes, beans.